Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Search for College

Every day when I log into my email, the inbox is just overflowing with invitations to attend collges I'm lucky if I've heard of, and each seems to have the same angle. "hello, you're cool, check us out"- it gets annoying as hell.

Why? Why do I have four million school wanting me to go there? University of Boston, Rensselaer Polytechnic, Cornell, University of Tampa (yes, because I like to inhale my water in the form of humidity, I like swimming through my air, and the heat and sun absolutely wouldn't ruin HALF of my wardrobe... Florida. Pssh.) etc.

On the upside, I have a lot of choices, and a whole year and a half to decide. Also on the plus side, I opened my inbox one day to find a request from Transylvania University! Not that I'd ever heard of them, much less had any inclination to attend, but the name! Is! TRANSYLVANIA! Nothing in the known universe could stop me from wearing on my lazy days a sweatshirt that said "Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!" and on the back said 'Transylvania University'. It's a liberal arts college... perhaps I should look into it. I could at least start there, and transfer my credits, just for the pure irony of attending TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY.

Anyone have any thoughts on colleges? Tips, ways to condense a wardrobe so as to allow the inevitable roommate closet space... I haven't yet chosen a major, though I am particularly fond of both writing/literature-centric things and SCIENCE. It is my life! Actually, it created my life, biology and such, but that's not the point...

No comments:

Post a Comment