Thursday, April 5, 2012

Returned From Jet City!

Seattle was great, but much the same as where I live climate-wise. In other words; it rains. It rains like the sky is determined to convince us that the atmosphere is made of ice and the more we heat the world with global warming the more it melts and drips right into our eyes, dammit!

The Space Needle was probably my favorite thing we experienced, hardly a surprise as I rather like all things sciency or engineering-y and also being up high, and looking at city lights at night. The restaurant housed in the needle rotates, powered by a 1 and 1/2 horsepower engine, so you get a full view of the city, Puget Sound and the islands. It was amazing! There was also an observation deck, which didn't rotate, but did have a few information plaques and a kiosk that talked to you. Fascinating.

We rode the ferry out to one of the islands, Bainbridge, I believe, and had lunch in a cafe, then decided there wasn't much else to see and rode the ferry back to Seattle.

I got some Doc Martens, bright red. I know! Sadly, that is not my picture, as I have yet to get myself a working camera. I'm torn between updating my wardrobe and buying a camera. Curses. Hope you all had a wonderful Spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment