Thursday, April 19, 2012

Music: Vampires Everywhere

I'm too lazy to do much research on them, but I think they're fairly decent. Definitely not the best band I've ever heard, but I got the CD cheap and it had pretty coverart. Yes, I'm that easily drawn in.

Anyway, I really like "Bleeding Rain" and "Undead Heart" as well as "Children of the Night" though I have yet to figure out if the band takes itself seriously. It seems to be a little too much of a walking cliche to do so, but then I'm sure they think they're pretty badass.

The sound is pretty good, the lyrics are repetitive but decent and it takes a couple listens to really get the hang of what they're saying. They seem to be a combination of techno/oontz-oontz, hard rock and metal. Like they tried playing "Crazy Train" on a keyboard set to snare drum/techo beat and screaming the words instead of saying them, then decided that was a really great sound. Weird.

Their music will really keep you awake, though. And the beats to several are quite catchy, even if they're hard to sing, hard to hum and really difficult to tap out correctly with a pencil. Their image in my mind calls up 'emo/punk trying to be goth' but like I said, I don't know them that well, I only have one CD. They are definitely on the list of things I would embarrass myself dancing to, but then I'll dance to pretty much anything.

If you like metal or alternative stuff that really can't quite be called Goth within the traditional parameters, you may like this band.

No comments:

Post a Comment