Sunday, March 25, 2012

Warped Tour 2011

I took my best friend, who is much more of a metalhead than I am, to Warped Tour last year, in Portland, Oregon. I actually had a lot of fun, and I got to talk to Jinxx of Black Veil Brides. We listened to several bands, not all of whom were any good, and we stayed late to hear Falling in Reverse. They were great, one of my favorite newish alternative bands. She got to touch Ronnie Radke's hand, and hasn't shut up about it since (though I'm fairly certain she's washed it).

In all, it was probably the largest congregation of metal fans in Oregon, with the odd tag-along friend (like me). There were amazing mohawks, combat boots, ripped jeans, jean jackets, piercings and far too many boys with saggy pants.

My only complaint was that we had to go with my mother. That in itself wasn't so bad, she does like some of the music and does not particularly mind the visual aspect of alternitive cultures, either. However, she would not let us mosh. A thousand curses.

No comments:

Post a Comment