Friday, March 9, 2012

Repo! The Genetic Opera

 I love this movie. A ridiculous amount. I sing the songs in the shower.

I like the premise, the whole dystopia thing has always spoken to me. But I do like me a good ray of hope, especially in the form of a few strong female characters! Plus the costumes, and the songs, and everything else in this movie....

So much delightfully dark fun! And, it became the second movie to ever make me cry. Very emotional scene when Nathan dies... I was torn between 'dammit! >.<' and 'curses! ;_;' ended up swearing while crying... don't judge me!

To anyone who happens across this blog and has not seen the movie, I would highly recommend it. In fact, I would almost go so far as to attempt to force you to watch it over teh internets. But that would be creepy.

YOU MAY SKIP THIS NEXT BIT IF YOU WISH
-amusing personal story about this movie
My Friend (the same one who told me about The Devil's Carnival), Claire, and I, once had a week long discussion about the hottest character in the film. I was all for Shilo, or perhaps Blind Mag, but apparently she refuses to swing that way, even for super awesome Goth chicks, so we ended up arguing over the hottest guy. I thought Graverobber, but she went with Pavi... to which I eventually acquiesced, given his sexy semi-steampunk pants in the quasi-renaissance scene. You know, the one where he has a mirror and is arguing with his siblings (yes, that narrows it down.) My aunt, oddly enough, has seen this movie and thought Rotti. To which we replied: WTF?!?!?

Have some Shilo :)

2 comments:

  1. I actually agree on the Rotti Largo thing. I mean, the actor who plays him looks like a terrible sterotype out of this character, but it's the voice that gets me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Lovett: Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment :3 I myself am relatively new to the blogging thing, but I do love to have a look at your blog. I especially loved the Doctor Who dancing animation, and the one with the Twilight screencap made my day! As did seeing your name in my email... thanks!
      Amelia D.

      Delete