Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Russian Visiting










I wore this. I did put on shoes, yes indeed I did. And then a member of the delegation from our Siberian sister city, Andrei, came over with the translator Olga.  I taught them to play the Wii while my schnauzer played dead on the ground ;) Andrei had the cutest English I've ever heard. It was very hesitant and accented, and he didn't actually know all that much English to begin with so we taught him just a few situational words. He learned "frisbee" very quickly
 After he played frisbee with my mom's dog Java and pet my dog Boomer, we made dinner. He had only ever had the Russian version of hamburgers, which are apparently quite different, though because he spoke little to no English and I speak absolutely no Russian, it was a little difficult to communicate how they were different. Olga was very very helpful, though, and very sweet. Turns out, she's married to a Spanish teacher at my high school! Small towns, huh? Yep.
 Bits of dinner cooking.

Since my mom and I participated in the exchange of Russians to America, next fall we have the option of participating in the exchange of Americans to Russia. Yay!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment