Saturday, October 20, 2012

Music Review: Type O Negative

They're great.

I was intrigued when I found this album cover because the woman on the lower right looks just like Marina Sirtis (the woman who played Deanna Troi on Star Trek The Next Generation) but I'm still refusing to look that up because if it is her my brain will explode.

So I wanted to know what band had this fascinating album cover. Lo and behold, on youtube, my mind is blown by the lead singer's voice. Peter Steele is his name according to wikipedia. I sat here mindlessly clicking through song after song because oh my goth that voice.

I am now a fan.

They are described as goth/metal, which is a tag I accept and enjoy. Really, they're pretty awesome. Right now I like "Christian Woman," "Everything Dies," and "Cinnamon Girl" though I also have "Black No.1" "Summer Breeze" "My Girlfriend's Girlfriend" and "Love You to Death."

In addition to the amazing vocals, the beats and instrumentals are great and the overall sound is very very pleasing to my brain.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment