Saturday, October 20, 2012

Book Review: Meridian

Meridian by Amber Kizer is a brilliant concept. A half-angel girl goes on a whirlwind journey/adventure towards fulfilling her destiny and purpose as a "window" to heaven. Her protector, Tens, is also her soulmate. Her great aunt is also a half-angel "window," who tries to train Meridian in managing her life and destiny.

I found this at Powells in Portland, was first drawn by the cover art and then intrigued by the back panel and the excerpt "Things always die around me" so I bought it.

Unfortunately, this book was not written phenomenally. There are no grammar errors or anything like that, but the tone is quite flat and the progression seems painfully obvious and sloppily done.

Overall, I quite enjoyed this book, even though some parts of the writing were painful to read (as a creative writer, I hate to see a marvelous idea brought down by mediocre writing)

No comments:

Post a Comment