Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Movie Review: Dark Shadows

This was an amazing film, no less that I would have expected from Tim Burton, Johnny Depp and the various and sundry others.  There is the perfect amount of humor in this movie, some of it a little dark, "Are you stoned or something?" - "They tried stoning me, my dear. It did not work." and some just silly, like the breakfast table sequence talking about the large, extravagant ball he plans to hold. I love Barnabus Collins, I very much like the woman who plays Angelique and of course the Victoria/Josette (spelling?) characters. Perhaps the best minor/comic character was the handyman, played by the same actor who portrayed Guerrero on Human Target. He seemed to be always either drunk or stoned, or perhaps his right mind was just a little off...

In any case, I highly reccomend this movie for anyone looking for a laugh, dark-overtones or even just wardrobe inspiration (I sure got a lot of it- came right home and made a little shoulder cape thing like Barnabus'). Yes, there is some "sex" (one of the funniest, most amazing sex scenes EVER between Barnabus and Angelique) and a little swearing (mostly from the handyman, if I remember correctly).

I really loved this movie and I think everyone should both see it and see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment