Thursday, May 17, 2012

Book Review: Distant Waves, Death Count, Life of Pi

Distant Waves: by Susan Weyn. This book was good, not great. I have yet to find a fiction book I really dislike, and this one is no exception. It's historical fiction, featuring Nikola Tesla as the reason the Titanic sank. With mediums and things, this book is very interesting and a fun, quick read. There's a little romance, a little implausible science, a little tragedy. I liked it well enough. If you have the inclination or like books of the sort, you'd enjoy it.

Death Count: by L.A. Graf. Yes, I am showing off my geek here, as this is a Star Trek novel. I really liked it, there was some great humor, really interesting plot twists and brilliant characters. Spot on, to my mind. Especially Kirk, who I never really pictured that way until I read the book and then I was like, "oh, yeah, obviously. Duh." It was really a very suspenseful and I could picture it making a great episode. Any nerds, read this book. You shall not be disappointed.

Life of Pi: by Yann Martel. This is apparently based on a ture story, which just makes it all the more interesting to read. I don't want to give any spoilers, but it's an amazing book. You should definitely read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment