Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Prom!


I completely forgot to post about this!! Eek! It was on May 18th, and it was okay. No big deal, really, the only thing that distinguished it from other dances was that my dress was big and poofy, and the decorations were better than normal dances. The theme was vintage New York, and let me tell you, as an NHS member, that thing was a B*TCH to decorate. But it all turned out great under the lights, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.
I went off to see Star Trek; Into Darkness with my buddy. She laughed at me when I cried. But oh god, I cried. The writers are almost meaner than Doctor Who's Moffat. I mean... oh god. I'm trying so hard not to spoil it, but there was this scene adapted from one of the original movies and I just... feels. ALL of the feels.
                                             But, on the plus side, Benedict Cumberbatch.
Source: fanpop.com

This is me:

source: tumblr.com

So that was an excellent start to my day, except the being laughed at for crying...  but it was okay I guess. So then we went to sushi and to prom! Here are a couple of photos my mom took in our back yard before I left.
and an awful teenage selfie from my room
 I mostly just like this because it shows off the colour of my hair. ALL the colours. 
Just for kicks, here's a photo of the dress from the website I ordered it from: 
 milanoo.com
I expected it to be a little darker purple than it was, but that was okay because it was dark at prom anyway so no one could really tell... and the ruching sat funny on me, but I solved that with my favorite little shrug safety pinned closed and accented with one of the detachable bows at the bottom. I think it all worked out alright.
But like I said, prom wasn't that special. Oh well. One can't constantly have everything one wants, and I did have fun dancing from group of acquaintances to group of acquaintances.  



3 comments: