Friday, May 24, 2013

My Favorite Things

This is an idea I will freely admit to getting from the lovely Rosalynn at Lolita Wonderland, whose adorable blog can be found here;
http://roselolitawonderland.blogspot.com/

In an attempt to spice up my blog a little, I will be adding more things than reviews and outfit posts. This thing I am adding, My Favorite Things, will be exactly what it sounds like; a series of posts about my favorite things and explanations thereof.

In the spirit of the title, my first favorite thing is.... The Sound of Music.
Look at all the things!
I used to watch this movie all the time, and I still sing the songs in the shower. I love Julie Andrews, and I love the time period (well, the art and clothing, the events of the 40s were horrendous), and I just really love this musical and always have. Sadly, my VHS is getting worn out or something, last time I watched it there was a buzzing in the back that was almost as loud as the dialogue :/ but dear me this movie is excellent. The architecture pictured is lovely, as is the scenery, the singing, and come on- adorable story line. This woman is beautiful and she sings marvelously. This movie is so sweet... "Here you are, standing there, loving me, whether or not you should..." And, it was based on a true story! So that's why I love the Sound of Music.

I also love the spinoffs, such as  my Favorite Fangs. This was very, very sexual, crude, and drop-dead (no pun intended) hilarious. It routinely broke the fourth wall, exaggerated every character trait, and made terrible jokes about the nazis... if you're sensitive to sexual materials, don't read this, but if you're offended by sexism or racism or homophobia (as I am) you are safe with this book. As best as I can recall, there was nothing I found insulting. Indeed, Goldsher makes a point to emphasize his support for the gay community. This only took about an hour or two to read, and I kept giggling. Maria is a vampire, the nuns are zombies, and the Baroness... well, wait 'til you meet the Baroness.

So those are two of my (related) favorite things!

No comments:

Post a Comment