Thursday, September 26, 2013

Things I Love Thursday (yeah, I realize it should be Things I Miss Thursday but I'm mixing it up this time)


I'm part of the geeky side, and it's wonderful. Honestly, it actually makes me happy every time I'm on there. I feel like I get to interact with people who like the same things I do, people who are similar to me sometimes on emotional or intellectual levels.
Sometimes I feel like my tumblr. dash is basically what would happen if you took my thought patterns and amplified them and splashed them across a giant scroll of paper. I follow blogs about Star Trek, and the Avengers, and Firefly and Supernatural and Sherlock and Doctor Who and Harry Potter. It's great to see and read what other people have noticed and thought about the things I love.
My favorite thing about tumblr. aside from connecting with people who like the same things I do is that it can be customized really well to reflect and inform me about everything I'm interested in. For instance, between two fandom posts there might be smashed a social justice warrior, or a news update, some kind of feminist point or a Lolita outfit. I can follow blogs about gothic fashion and about architecture and photography and kawaii blogs and DIY tutorials... it's just great to see all the different things people like and to pick and choose among posts and reblogs to see what I want to put on my dash.
Plus, the humor is really great. I do feel like it's twisted my brain a little bit, but I really don't mind. I like being aware of more things, and I like looking at my favorite shows in new ways, and I like laughing at stupid jokes that are never funny outside of tumblr. This site makes me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment