Friday, April 12, 2013

Seattle Day Three

Our final day in Seattle was by far the busiest. We got up bright and early and took the monorail to the Seattle Center/EMP area... we saw a fountain :)
 and then we went up in the Space Needle, which was not quite as impressive as the first time I went up, which was at night.
 I did take a couple pictures though, and these two people seemed to be in all of them... seriously, ALL of them. The only one they weren't in is this photo of the glass sculptures next to the space needle, which I took from the walkway just above the gift shop.

Then we went to the EMP, which was AMAZING. They had a whole section just for video games, and an entire room for Jimi Hendrix. My favorites, though, were of course the horror and sci-fi parts down stairs. I took pictures of the sci fi because let's be honest I'm a complete nerd:

 Uhura's dress! I was a little surprised by how short it was in person, I knew it was a micro skirt but I didn't know just HOW micro o.O and then there's the original Dalek, a little bit worse for wear but still wonderful...

 The Captain's chair!! Surrounded by a pile of Tribbles, of course... this was one of the best things. I think I fogged up the glass breathing on it. I mean, amazing! To stand literally feet from the first Star Trek Captain's chair... 




 And here's the uniform worn by Brent Spiner as Commander Data on Star Trek: the Next Generation! That was really awesome too, I love Data. And I didn't realize how tall he was until I stood there in front of it... He's not amazingly tall, but given that most actors are short, his relative height impressed me. It was awesome to see all this stuff from my favorite shows ^^ 



 The special exhibit the EMP was putting on was a leather jacket thing, a review of the role of leather jackets in our culture and music for the past 100 or so years. There were a lot of punk and punk-inspired jackets, and this exhibit gave me a push in the direction of which sort of leather jacket I'd like.
 The monorail station was in a mall, so we all drifted apart in the shopping center for a while, I took a picture of candy and got a crepe. It was fantastic, possibly one of the best things I've ever eaten, and it was really convenient because they rolled it up all cute and put the toppings on the inside of the pancake-made cone... it was absolutely delicious.


 my mom and brother got frozen yogurt on our walk



 Then we went to a sort of children's store, which had toys and magic tricks for younger kids upstairs, and a book room and giant puzzles and stickers and stuff for slightly older kids... I took a picture of these two books because I really liked the cover art and I like both of these stories... 

We took a ferry ride to Bainbridge Island, where we spent an hour eating baked things and resting, looking in little shops and walking through the minuscule downtown. I didn't take many pictures, because there wasn't anything very impressing to take pictures of.
 pretty much just this. This is a view from the street corner where you can see all of downtown. There are a couple buildings hiding behind the obvious ones, though. 
While we were on Bainbridge, I saw a woman with a lovely Kreepsville 666 bag in a coffee shop, and we did the freak nod of mutual recognition ;D then we took a ferry back!

Finally, we took a trip down to the new Ferris wheel on the pier.




the view was incredible, I was amazed by how high up we were and my brother was amazed that the pier could hold all the weight! My mom was just amazed that we'd all had the energy to make it through that day ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment